Thanks to modern technology and the wonderful world of the internet it is so amazing to be able to design rooms for people all over the world with the Bam Interiors E-Design option. I’m so excited about meeting and connecting with people from all over this beautiful country and abroad!
It’s super easy to get started, all you need to do is fill out the design questionnaire then follow the instructions below to measure and photograph your room. It only takes about 10 or so minutes and all you need is a measuring tape and your phone (or a camera if you want to get fancy).
Once you’ve jotted down your measurements you can attach them with the questionnaire or if it’s easier, email them through to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once I’ve received your questionnaire, room measurements and photos I’ll be get in contact with you to start designing the room of your dreams!
STEP 1 – DRAW YOUR ROOM
– Sketch an outline of the room from a birds-eye view. Don’t worry this doesn’t have to be to scale!
– Mark in all doors, windows and other architectural features such as built-in wardrobes, shelving, etc.
– Mark the location of power points with an X.
STEP 2 – MEASURE YOUR ROOM
– Measure the overall length of each wall with a measuring tape and note in metres or cm’s
– Measure and note the ceiling height
– Measure each wall separately and note measurements of windows, doors and architectural features – including height and distance from ground if applicable
STEP 3 – PHOTOGRAPH YOUR ROOM
– Take photos during the day in good light
– Remove any clutter from the room
– Hold the camera or phone vertically
– Take a photo from every angle of the room – four sides and four corners – standing on the opposite side of the room. Try to include part of the ceiling and floor in each picture
– Number each photo and mark corresponding numbers on the floor plan